Being a homeowner in South Central Texas means living with relatively warm weather and summer temperatures that routinely climb into the 90s. Of course, this type of heat puts a strain on your home’s HVAC system, which can seem like it’s running constantly to try to keep the inside of your home cool. There are a variety of upgrades you can make that might improve your home’s overall thermal performance, including new windows or doors, but no other project can make as big a difference as properly insulating your attic. One of the ways you can ensure that your attic is helping more than it’s hurting is to have reflective radiant barrier installed.
The Benefits of Radiant Barrier
Reflective radiant barrier is a type of insulation that features three layers—two layers of reflective foil around a layer of conductive fiberglass insulation. It is installed along the attic roof and sidewalls and helps reflect “radiating” UV heat that would otherwise penetrate and heat the inside of your attic as well as the AC ductwork that’s trying to carry cool air throughout your home. Reflective radiant barrier can produce remarkable results, as it:
- Can reflect up to 97% of the heat away from your attic
- Can reduce attic temperatures by as much as 50 degrees
- Allows your HVAC system to work less and blow colder air
- Can decrease your energy costs by as much as 35%
This type of performance means reflective radiant barrier is a product that quickly pays for itself, as it not only reduces your energy costs but also prolongs the life of your home’s roofing system.
Have Radiant Barrier Installed in Your Home by the Energy-Efficiency Experts
If you live in South Central Texas and want to take control of your home’s thermal performance, look to Texas Pro Insulators. We’ve been the local home energy-efficiency leader since 1996, and we offer reflective radiant barrier installation as part of The Perfect Attic System. This system features five distinct elements that work together to greatly improve your attic’s thermal performance. In addition to reflective radiant barrier, it includes:
- Attic air sealing – We start by sealing any holes in your attic walls and ceiling with expanding foam that prevents air from escaping.
- Blown-in fiberglass insulation – We’ll install blown-in fiberglass insulation, which reaches the corners and gaps that roll or batt insulation can’t. If your insulation ever settles, we’ll fix the issue at no charge.
- Attic ventilation – We’ll also ensure that your attic is receiving sufficient airflow. If necessary, we’ll install ridge vents or a solar attic ventilation fan.
- A programmable thermostat – Our thermostat features settings that will help you reduce your energy usage.
Why Wait Any Longer?
If you’re tired of skyrocketing energy bills, let Texas Pro Insulators install reflective radiant barrier in your home’s attic as part of The Perfect Attic System. We’ll be happy to visit your South Central Texas home to answer your questions about our products and services and provide a no-obligation estimate.